Last modified: December 16, 2019
TinBids, LLC (“TinBids”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information TinBids may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit, use and/or register with the website tinbids.com (the “Marketplace”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information TinBids collects:
- On or through the Marketplace.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Marketplace.
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you download from the Marketplace, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Marketplace.
- When you interact with TinBids’ advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- TinBids offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by TinBids or any third party (including TinBids’ affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including TinBids’ affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Marketplace.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Marketplace is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Marketplace. TinBids does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Marketplace or on or through any of its features, including but not limited to registering an account on the Marketplace, submitting any bids or making any purchases on or through the Marketplace, using any of the interactive or public comment features of the Marketplace or providing any information about yourself to TinBids, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name, user name or other moniker you may use. If TinBids learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, TinBids will delete that information. If you believe TinBids might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact TinBids at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information TinBids Collects About You and How TinBids Collect It
TinBids collects several types of information from and about users of the Marketplace, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment details or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the contents of your User Contributions, demographic data or zip codes; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Marketplace and usage details.
TinBids collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to TinBids.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Marketplace. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, TinBids’ business partners.
Information You Provide to TinBids. The information TinBids collects on or through the Marketplace may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Marketplace. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Marketplace, subscribing to any of TinBids’ services, Posted User Contributions or other information/material, buying or providing items, content or services on or through the Marketplace, or requesting further services. TinBids may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by TinBids, and when you report a problem with the Marketplace.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact TinBids.
- Your responses to surveys that TinBids might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out on or through the Marketplace and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Marketplace.
- Your search queries on the Marketplace.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Marketplace, or transmitted to other users of the Marketplace or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although TinBids limits access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, TinBids cannot control the actions of other users of the Marketplace with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, TinBids cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information TinBids Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Marketplace, TinBids may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Marketplace, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Marketplace.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information TinBids collects automatically may include Personal Information, or TinBids may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information TinBids collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps TinBids to improve the Marketplace and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling TinBids to:
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing TinBids to customize the Marketplace according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Marketplace.
The technologies TinBids uses for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Marketplace may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Marketplace. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How TinBids Uses and Discloses Your Information“.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Marketplace and TinBids’ e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit TinBids, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
TinBids does not collect Personal Information automatically, but TinBids may tie this information to Personal Information about you that TinBids collects from other sources or you provide to TinBids.
TinBids does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How TinBids Uses and Discloses Your Information“.
How TinBids Uses Your Information
TinBids uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to TinBids, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Marketplace and its contents, offerings and services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, content and/or services that you request from TinBids.
- To facilitate and process transactions that take place on or through the Marketplace.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out TinBids’ obligations and enforce TinBids’ rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and TinBids, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Marketplace or any products or services TinBids offers or provides though it, Marketplace disruptions or security updates.
- To carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Marketplace, including the offerings and services provided on or through the Marketplace.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Marketplace.
- To provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- In any other way TinBids may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
TinBids may also use your information to contact you about TinBids’ own and third-parties’ products, offerings and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want TinBids to use your information in this way, please contact email@example.com. For more information, see “Choices About How TinBids Uses and Discloses Your Information“.
TinBids may use the information it has collected from you to enable TinBids to display advertisements to TinBids’ advertisers’ target audiences. Even though TinBids does not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes if you opt out, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
TinBids may disclose aggregated information about TinBids users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To TinBids’ subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties TinBids uses to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which TinBids discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TinBids’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by TinBids about Marketplace users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see “Choices About How TinBids Uses and Discloses Your Information“.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by TinBids when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
TinBids may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Marketplace Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If TinBids believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TinBids, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How TinBids Uses and Discloses Your Information
TinBids strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to TinBids. TinBids has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want TinBids to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending TinBids an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional Offers from TinBids. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by TinBids to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending TinBids an email stating your request to email@example.com. If TinBids has sent you a promotional email, you may send TinBids a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to TinBids as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want TinBids to use information that TinBids collects or that you provide to TinBids to deliver advertisements according to TinBids advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending TinBids an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TinBids does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to TinBids, such as your contact information, and you must promptly update any changes through your Marketplace account. You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Marketplace and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send TinBids an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to TinBids. TinBids cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. TinBids may not accommodate a request to change information if TinBids believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Marketplace, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Marketplace users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Marketplace, including User Contributions, is governed by the Marketplace Terms.
If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Marketplace or any services provided thereon. TinBids will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on or in the Marketplace even if you close your account, including information in any User Contributions you Posted to the Marketplace. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in TinBids’ archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for TinBids’ administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from TinBids’ databases. In addition, TinBids typically will not remove information you Posted through or on the Marketplace. Please keep in mind that neither you nor TinBids can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Marketplace.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Marketplace that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write TinBids at: 4391 International Gateway, #145, Columbus, Ohio 43219. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. TinBids will respond to you at your mailing address or, at TinBids’ option, your email address. TinBids is not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have compete information.
Your privacy and the security of your information is important to TinBids. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where TinBids has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Marketplace, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. TinBids asks you not to share your password with anyone. TinBids urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the marketplace like message boards. The information Posted, or that you otherwise share, in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Marketplace.
From time to time, TinBids reviews TinBids security procedures (including those of TinBids’ partners) to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite TinBids’ best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although TinBids attempts to protect your Personal Information, TinBids cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Marketplace. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. TinBids is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Marketplace or provided by TinBids (or TinBids’ partners).
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to TinBids. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be TinBids, please report it at email@example.com.
International Transfer of Personal Information
or write TinBids at:
4393 International Gateway, #104, Columbus, Ohio 43219